Tuesday, August 14, 2007

General Superintendent-Elect George O. Wood Greeted Warmly in Springfield


When George O. Wood was introduced as our next general superintendent at today's chapel at Assemblies of God headquarters in Springfield, Missouri, the assembled employees broke into applause, which soon turned into a standing ovation. Dr. Wood clearly has the support of the people who will work closely with him in Springfield. As does Alton Garrison, who also was roundly applauded when introduced as our next assistant superintendent.

There is a sense of appreciation and excitement in the air that was palpable at this first HQ chapel since the close of the historic 52nd General Council.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

George O. Wood is a man of God, scholar, leader, creative/fresh thinker, friend of missions in the US and the world, not to mention he has a good sense of humor. He will lead our Fellowship into the future with excellence.

Anonymous said...

While I was a student, and then a faculty member at Southern California College, I was privileged to sit under Dr. George Wood's amazing pulpit ministry.
Dr. Wood preached for three morning worship services and then again on Sunday evening. As his organist, we had opportunities to work closely together. Often as I listened to his thought-provoking messages I would think, "someday Pastor Wood will be leading the Assemblies of God as General Superintendent." More recently when he served as interim senior pastor at Central Assembly of God in Springfield, Missouri, I was guest organist for both Good Friday and Easter. Those same thoughts came to my mind! My heart leaped for joy when I read the news on this blog. Congratulations, Dr. Wood, on your new appointment from God!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for the new AG leadership. I believe grat days are ahead.