Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Meet Danny and Martha Morales


I want you to meet Danny Morales. Danny has been instrumental in helping TPE get blog literate. He has taken a lot of time, long distance to help me learn a lot of things I didn't know. Thanks, Danny for all the time you have put in to help the ministry of TPE.

I consider Danny my first "reverse mentor." This is what my friend Dr. Earl Creps calls the young guys who help the older guys learn young stuff. He has been an immense blessing to me.

Danny has been doing this long distance from his home in Hawai'i where he is in the military and ministry. I wanted to know more about him. Here is part of what he shared with me:

"Martha and I are church-appointed missionaries to young adults based out of Christian Life Center (A/G) of Douglas Arizona. Our missionary field are young adult military members and their families. Since entering the Navy in 1999, we have evangelized and discipled many who are now active in ministry. We have two boys, Danny Boy and Michael David, who are missionaries-in-training. Martha is a teacher at a local Southern Baptist preschool where Michael attends and is actively involved in chidlren's ministry at First Assembly of God Hawai'i, where we have been attending since arriving in late December 2005. I am a Ranger Kids Commander at First Assembly and have taught Danny Boy and now Michael for the last year and a half. Martha and I both work under Pastor Cari Hurst as military points of contact for The Reef, the Young Adult Ministry of First Assembly. We help Pastor Cari and her missionary husband Russ in any way we can and consider our involvement with them, our military friends-in-discipleship, and our boy's spiritual development the highlight of our tour."

Thanks, Danny, for all your help! May the Lord bless your ministry.

No comments: